There are a lot of things that cross your mind when you are staying in a hotel room like, has anyone ever died here? How many people have actually slept in the room? But the most critical of them is, Are there hidden cameras watching to catch me naked? Certainly there is no way to be 100% sure but below are ways you can search for these cameras.
- Purchase a radio frequency finder. The item is cheap and you can find it on Amazon. Walk around the hotel room with the device and it will detect any frequency.
- Look carefully for any camera. Think of all the possible places to strategically place a camera and look there. Pay very close attention to any funny looking bulges, lumps or extra lumps you are not sure about. Trust your gut and check it out.
- Use your smart phone to detect electromagnetic interferences by placing a call via your phone. Try to detect any static noise in your phone speaker as you walk around the hotel room. Static interference can come from any electronic device hidden or not.
- Scan your room in the dark. Switch off the lights and close the curtains then look for any blinking lights or any LED lights. Try and inspect any peculiar pinholes in your wall.
- Use a flashlight. Turn off the light in the hotel room and make it as dark as possible. Then shine the flashlight on your phone and look for light glinting off a camera lens. According to Digital Trends, this will help you spot lenses that are otherwise hidden in shadow.
- Make use of you phones camera. Get the hotel room dark by switching off the lights and pulling down the curtains. Use your camera to scan the room as the camera has the light adjustment capability to detect any small lights emitted by other devices.
- Check all the mirrors by looking for any pinholes in the mirror. Check if it the bathroom mirrors and room mirrors are a two-way mirror using finger test. Do this by placing your finger on the mirror and if the finger and the reflection has no space between, it is definitely a two-way.
- Check the network if a device is using Wi-Fi to send its data back to your host, it’s sometimes possible to detect that data through the air. There are apps that can aid in the detection and even send them a signal to turn off.
- Download camera detector apps on your phone and use it to scan the entire hotel room. The app shows location of all cameras in sight and the hidden ones too. These apps come in handy when you are in a room where you feel you are being watched.
The ways above are to help you protect yourself against this illegal invasion of privacy. This doesn’t mean that you are totally off the hook as some perverts are good at spying. Trust that inner voice and check your hotel room for hidden cameras for you own good and personal satisfaction.